This programme is one of the most applied for international master's programmes at the University of Gothenburg! The programme is organized on a two-year basis. The programme, which is on a full-time schedule, is accessible for both foreign and Swedish students. The programme is divided into separate modules with at least 15 higher education credits in each module.
Students who have completed the former International Master of Science in Social Work (IMSSW) programme at the University of Gothenburg can be admitted to the Master’s Programme in Social Work and Human Rights to obtain a Degree of Master of Science (Two Years) with a Major in Social Work with Specialization in Human Rights. These students will be given credit for the courses attended in the IMSSW programme.
• Social Work and Welfare Systems, 15 ECTS
• Human Rights: An Interdisciplinary Approach, 15 ECTS
• Research Theories and Methods, 15 ECTS
• Social Work Practice and Professionalization, 15 ECTS
• Social Work, Service Users' Participation and Organization, 15 ECTS
• Globalisation, Poverty and International Social Work, 15 ECTS
• Degree Report, 30 ECTS
Applicants with a Swedish Bachelor's Degree: the application will open on March 15, 2017, at www.antagning.se Deadline for application is April 15, 2017.
Applicants with a non-Swedish Bachelor's Degree: the application process is now closed.
Applicants with a non-Swedish Bachelor's Degree: application deadline is January 15, 2018. Foreign applicants apply on www.universityadmissions.se
You need to support your application with formal documents, sent in by post/submitted digitally. Supporting documents include certified copies of:
- BA degree in original language
- BA degree in English
- Official transcripts in original language
- Official transcripts in English
- Results from TOEFL, IELTS or other accepted English test
Also, a personal letter is recommended (but not obligatory).
If you choose to send your documents, please send to:
University Admissions in Sweden
SE-839 87 Östersund
Applicants with a Swedish Bachelor's Degree: The application will open on March 15, 2018, at www.antagning.se Deadline for application is April 15, 2018.
Viktoria Jendmyr, study administrator
phone: +46 31 786 1572
Lena Andersson, programme coordinator
phone: +46 31 786 5775
Universityadmissions.se is the official website for international students who wish to apply for studies in Sweden